Oasis...The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
The Best There Ever Will Be!
Like What You See?? Buy This Album Here..
Uk Release Date
* 28th February 2000
Highest Chart Position
* Uk Number 1
* Noel Gallagher - Rhythm Guitar and Vocals
* Liam Gallagher - Vocals
* Gem - Lead Guitar
* Andy Bell - Bass Guitar
* Alan White - Drums and Percussion
* Noel Gallagher, except 5 written by Liam Gallagher
* Mark 'Spike' Stent and Noel Gallagher
* Engineered by Mark 'Spike' Stent and Paul Stacey
* Assistant Engineers - Wayne Wilkins, Paul 'P-Dub' Walton and Aaron Pratley
* Sonic Guidance - Mark Coyle
* Programming & Pro Tools - Jan 'Stan' Kybert
* Mastered by Howie Weinberg at Masterdisk Corporation, New York
* Little James is the first song the Liam has written for Oasis
* The Japanese copies of the album contain a bonus track, Let's All Make Believe
* Backing Vocals on tracks 1, 4 and 10 by PP Arnold and Linda Lewis
* 12 String Acoustic Guitar on track 5 & Electric Sitar track 4 by Mark Coyle
* Harmonica on track 6 by Mark Feltham
* Flute on track 6 by Charlotte Glasson
* Keyboards,added Lead Guitar on track 1, Backwards Guitar on track 3, Bass Guitar on tracks 3, 6, 9, and 10, and added Acoustic Guitar on track 7 by Paul Stacey
* 'Fuckin In The Bushes' contains samples from Murray Lerner's film 'Message To Love - Isle Of Wight 1970'
* 'Go Let It Out' contains elements from 'I Walk On Gilded Splinters', performed by Johnny Jenkins
* Recorded at Wheeler End, Olympic Studios, Supernova Heights, England and Chateau De La Colle Noire, France Between April 1999 - August 1999
* Three singles were released from this album
* Go Let It Out
* Who Feel's Love
* Sunday Morning Call
After even more time off the band came back with a different style of tune and a different lineup as they released their fifth album Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants. Unlike the previous 4 albums this one seems to be less of the trashy guitars, distorted solos and straight up lyrics that Oasis are known for, and it can be heard in the songs that the lyrics and music are of a different class.
Standing On The Shoudler Of Giants seems to be more composed, well made, in general a whole lot more "upper class".
Although the critics seemed to knock this album and generally try to wipe Oasis off the face of the earth.....the fans came though and kept Oasis where they belong and thats right on top.
With songs on this album like Gas Panic, Little James, Roll It Over, Where Did It All Go Wrong.....this is a one for the collection.
This album is miles above anything the band have ever produced...and if you haven't heard any of it, or bought it....Download the samples and then BUY!
Back To Main Menu