Oasis...The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
The Best There Ever Will Be!
Like What You See?? Buy This Album Here..
Uk Release Date
* 2nd October 1995
Highest Chart Position
* Uk Number 1
* Noel Gallagher - Lead Guitar, Vocals, Mellotron, Piano and E Bow
* Liam Gallagher - Vocals
* Paul (Bonhead) Arthurs - Rhythm Guitar, Mellotron and Piano
* Paul (Guigsy) McGuigan - Bass Guitar
*Alan White - Drums and Percussion
* Noel Gallagher
* Noel Gallagher and Owen Morris
* Morning Glory recorded in May 1995
* The LP release contained a bonus track called Bonehead's Bank Holiday
* Cast No Shadow is dedicated to Richard Ashcroft
* 'Hello' excerpt taken from 'Hello, Hello I'm back again' by Gary Glitter and Mike Leander
* Lead Guitar and Backing Vocals on 'Champagne Supernova' by Paul Weller
* Drums on 'Some Might Say' by Tony McCarroll
* The street featured on the sleeve artwork is Berwick Street in London, W1
* Four singles were released from this album
* Roll With It
* Dont look Back In Anger
* Some Might Say (first ever uk no 1 single)
This is the second album to be released by Oasis, however this time they did it with a new line up. The original drummer Tony McCaroll was sacked by the band as they didn't feel that he was progressing with the rest of the band, and so he was swiftly replaced by Alan White.
Anyway, back to the album. This album was highly anticipated by the fans and critics because of the outstanding success of the debut album Definatly Maybe. They showed the world they were back, back and better than ever. The album is packed of faster, rock songs and showed a whole new side of Oasis.
The album has such classics like...a world wide anthem in the shape of Wonderwall, a love song written to Meg from Noel, which is one of the biggest songs to rock the world. Another is Don't Look Back In Anger a rock anthem that Noel sings....and man does it sound good! Most of the other Oasis classics are on this album too, such as Champagne Supernova, Roll With It and Morning Glory. It also plays host to Oasis's first ever UK No 1 hit...Some Might Say.
With Noels genius lyrics and courageous steals...its builds one of the biggest rock albums in history and makes the world see Oasis as the biggest band in the world. Simply fantastic.
Back To Main Menu
Be Here Now